Day 4 of CFCCBCCC.
I am definitely craving sugar and snacks…felt so tired all day even though I got about 7 hours of sleep last night.
Breakfast – eggs and coffee.
Lunch c/o Reading Terminal Market – kale salad and diced chicken & carrot slaw with raisins. I actually packed lunch but forgot it at home, whoops.
I also did a quick food shop on my lunch break – picked up some home-cured bacon and sausage from L. Halteman Family Country foods – they are one of my favorite merchants, excellent prices and fresh meats! I also picked up a pint of saurkraut from a different stand.
Snack around 2p during class and before the 4:30 session – banana and coffee with splash of cream (I was struggling to stay alert). I PR’d my deadlift – 203 lbs, yay! Basically everything is a PR for me on 1 rep maxes though hehe.
My dinner plan worked out beautifully…sausages sauteed in coconut oil, kraut and my own 15 minute applesauce. I forget what variety of sausage I chose but the flavor complemented the saurkraut and applesauce very well!
15 Minute Applesauce
Serves 2-3 (I would make way more because it’s addicting…)
- 5 small-medium apples (I used a sour green variety that came in my csa)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Heat butter in sautee pan on medium heat
- Peel and chop apples into ~1 cm cubes
- Add apples, cinnamon and sea salt, mix to coat and cover pan
- Cook, stirring every few minutes, until appels are soft
- Transfer to a large bowl (or food processor). I then used an immersion blender to create a smooth consistency but you could totally mash it by hand and leave it chunky if that’s your preference!
You would NEVER know this takes only a tiny chunk of your life to make.