Day 5 of CFCCBCCC.
Brunch at 11a – 3 scrambled eggs in kerrygold and 3 slices home-cured bacon from the Amish (who know their shit). Shot of bacon grease for good measure.
Kidding about the bacon grease.
Snack at 3:30p – apple from my CSA. Holla at CSA day!
I could harp on the value of being a CSA member for hours but I will spare you. In a nutshell, it forces me to try a variety of new veggies and recipes as well as eat sustainably and locally, thereby maximizing the fresh factor and nutrients coming from the foods I eat. I spend less $$ in the long run and it makes cooking paleo easier by 10-fold.
I normally plan most of my home-cooked meals based off of the items I receive each Thursday. This week’s goods:
- Spicy Salad Greens: Sunny Harvest Co-op, Kirkwood, PA
- Curly Endive: Flaim Farms, Vineland, NJ
- Carrots: Sunny Harvest Co-op, Kirkwood, PA
- Organic Yummy Peppers: Mad Dog Farm, Bloomsburg, PA
- Poblano Peppers: Flaim Farms, Vineland, NJ
- Broccoli: Sunny Harvest Co-op, Kirkwood, PA
- Bosc Pears: Three Springs Fruit Farm, Aspers, PA
- Jonathan Apples: Beechwood Orchards, Biglerville, PA
- Sweet Potatoes: Cassaday Farm, Monroeville, NJ
- Oldwyck Shepherd Cheese (raw sheep’s milk): Valley Shepherd Creamery, Long Valley, NJ
- Dozen Cage-Free Eggs: Sandy Ridge Farm, Elizabethtown, PA
Pick the anomaly. I am really excited for:
an endive bacon marriage tomorrow
anatomy studying alllllllllllllldayerrrday.
Dinner – same as last night (sausage, saurkraut, applesauce) plus this green salad with bacon, red bell pepper, beets, olives, oldwyck shepherd raw sheep’s milk cheese, balsamic and olive oil.
I also had 2 squares of superdark chocolate before crossfit.