CFCCBCCC Days 19-21
Yeah lofty goal of posting daily. I am proud to say that despite a terrible, verybad, no good week at school, I made it to a crossfit session every day and gave it my all. I ate full paleo except the lattes and pastured cow 5-year aged cheddar from my CSA. SO GOOD. I love cheese. I also drank a few sips from drinks on thursday (all of my classmates/school went out to celebrate end of exams) but this was mainly just to be nice. My nightcap was a giant glass of water. I am soooo glad this past week is over.
SELF-MYOFASCIAL RELEASE: Lax Ball Shoulders, 5 minutes.
EMOM: A set of 3 pull-ups on the minute every other minute for 14 minutes (so, 7 total sets and 21 pull-ups).
- Worked up to light band + 5lbs. Had to drop back to just light band on the last 2 sets. Was using mini band plus weight the week before…my caption from 2 weeks ago: I got up to a pullup with mini band and 5 lb weight added (PR). I was so close to the 7.5 lb added and tried it twice but couldn’t quite get my chin up there. I feel like I am making major strides with pullup strength. So yep, I definitely had some setbacks after having to take last thursday off. Crazy how much progress (or backsteppin’) you can have in a matter of days. The good thing is that it goes BOTH ways : )
EMOM: Strict Press, every other minute for 14 minutes – so, 7 sets and 21 total reps. If you can easily clean what you press, this will be from the floor. At the start of every interval you will complete 3 reps.
- Begin at 50% of your best press. So, if my best press is 100lbs., I will begin with a set at 50lbs. Move from there to 60% – in the current example, this would be 60lbs. If 60% is still fast, continue to 70%, which is where things should begin to feel a little more difficult. In this case, 70% would be 70lbs. If 70% is fast, move to 75%. If 75% is completely doable, move to 80%, and then 85%. If 85% is fine move to 90% but move NO higher than this.
- Worked up to a 60lb strict press. Very happy with this and finished pain-free (this is basically what messed up my back last week). I have never strictly pressed 60lbs so it’s also a PR.
METABOLIC CONDITIONING: AMRAP in 10 minutes: Pull-ups (kipping is fine!). Every time you come off the bar you must complete a 150m run.
- Did 50 pullups with the average band. Had to run about 4 times? or 5? Can’t remember.
- I ran to crossfit this night too…1.30 miles in 11:04 mins (8:31 min/mile pace which includes waiting for stoplights, etc.)
SELF-MYOFASCIAL RELEASE: Foam Roll as needed, 3 minutes. Lax Ball Hip Flexors and Quads, 2 minutes each side.
MOVEMENT PREP: THE BIG HIP WARM-UP: Take 30ft. and complete as pass of the following: 2 High Knee Passes, 2 Butt Kick Passes, 1 90/90 to Chest Pulls, 1 Toy Soldier, 1 Over the Fence/Under the Fence, 1 Duck Walk Pass, 1 Inchworm Pass, 2 High Skip Passes
STRENGTH: Back Squat, up to a peak of 3.
- Worked up to 128 lbs x 3. I probably could have pushed it to 133 lbs, but stayed at 128 because I was signed up for a squatting session followed by gymnastics with Sammy the next morning. I woke up on Saturday with a sore knee and actually started driving to class then late cancelled and decided to rest it…sorry sammy!
Box Jumps (30/24), 15 reps.
Ring Push-ups, 15 reps.
Box Jumps, 12 reps.
Ring Push-ups, 12 reps.
Box Jumps, 9 reps.
Ring Push-ups, 9 reps.
Box Jumps, 6 reps.
Ring Push-ups, 6 reps.
- Did the ring pushups on knees with a mini band and RX 24″ box. Time 4:52 mins.