Wow, the new cycle is totally kicking my ass. Everything is sore. I am sticking it out until Friday no matter what, but I won’t lie, I’m looking forward to a full weekend of down time. More BCAA’s have been ordered and I am trying to get sufficient sleep to recover.
On a side note…just read the deadlift post and kept nodding my head, seeing as I PR’d a 1RM deadlift on sunday…yes, my CNS hurts, too : P
“2) “Time under load”: This is probably the most important factor here. I mentioned loading the CNS above and recovering from maximal loading. John Wellbourn has been quoted as saying that it takes the body 10 days (TEN DAYS) to fully recover from a true 1-RM deadlift. The fact is this: we can stimulate a similar (if not greater) response in Force, Work and Power and do so with less damage to the CNS.”
DYNAMIC WARM-UP: GHD Sit-up Practice, for 10 minutes. Do 5-10 reps at a time – try to be slow, controlled, and strong while doing each rep. If you are a waiting for a GHD, Duck Walk, and Squat to Stand.
- These are pretty cool and definitely felt them/still feeling them today haha.
SKILL WORK: Practice the dumbbell thruster (two dumbbells, one in each hand).
- 20 lb dumbbells
METABOLIC CONDITIONING: AMRAP in 20 minutes: Dumbbell Thrusters, 7 reps – (pick and record your load), Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups, 7 reps – (may be kipped but do NOT scale range of motion!), Burpee Box Jumps, 7 reps – (24/20 – full extension on the box is required)
- 20 lb dumbbells, average band for pull-ups
- Completed 7 full rounds + missed an extra round by 1 burpee (gah!)
Every OTHER Minute On the Minute: For 14 minutes: Pause Front Squat, 3 reps, with a “1-MISSISSIPPI” Pause in the bottom of every rep. Begin at 50% and move to 60%, 70%, 75% and if you can, up from there in 5% increments. If you fail a set, you may not move up and you may not repeat – you must move back to the previous percentage.
- 3 x 65 lbs, 3 x 75 lbs, 3 x 80 lbs, 3 x 85 lbs, 3 x 90 lbs, 3 x 95 lbs, 3 x 100 lbs
- 100 felt sooooo heavy to me. Knee was mad sore I think that contributed to how hard these felt.
SKILL WORK: Ab Wheel Roll-Out
METABOLIC CONDITIONING: Complete 3, 3-minute rounds with 1 minute of rest in between rounds of: Ab Wheel Rollout, 10 reps. Russian Kettlebell Swing (go heavy here, 2/1.5), 10 reps. Must complete full set in order for the reps/rounds to count (gah this was rough because I kept missing extra rounds by a hair).
- 12 kg kettlebell (26.5 lbs)
- light band for ab wheel roll-out
- Completed 6 rounds (plus the stuff that didn’t count, but I’m counting it in my head, ha)