sooo everyone was freaking out about my slash marks today.
I swear they are not painful even though my back looks like I stepped out of stigmata and/or the Carver missed my face (old school nip/tuck anyyyyone?). oops.
note to self: do not use sh*ttiest speed rope in gym with razor-sharp metal bottom. note to self^2: buy own speed rope stat.
I thought I power cleaned 75, completed the wod with 35…and really cleaned 93(PR) and wodded with 53. Awesome. Someone give me mystery weights every day!
My body still hates me buttttttttttttttttttt whatever. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right? Both knees have been bugging out and shoulder/neck still not 100%. I thought for sure I’d be feeling good by today. If 5 straight days of rest and light workouts doesn’t work I don’t think there’s much I can do except show up and modify everything from here on out. So there’s that. Knee doc appointment is coming up and I am very curious what he has to say about my formerly good knee-turned-bad. Glad my coaches are understanding. They all dual as life therapists, bless them.
Despite all that, I had a pretty damn good weekend, including fabulous philadelphia weather and some spur of the moment live band karaoke for The Abbaye’s 10th anniversary. Yes, the grandma got OUT. I even sang AND enjoyed it, shockingly. Even though I consider myself a social person (and yet antisocial at the same time…nvm), I have a fear of singing in front of people other than my nearest and dearest. But not last night! Who am I, where is my former self?
Training dump from what I recorded in my phone the last couple of weeks –
Thursday, December 27th
- For 20 minutes, front squat x2 – start at 50% and move up.
- Conditioning: 3 rounds for time: row 250m, dumbbell push press (20lbs) 15 reps, ring rows 15 reps
- 12:52 mins *RX
Wednesday, January 2nd
- 15 minutes to work to peak set of 2 weighted pull-ups (pronated grip)
- light band + 10lb
- Conditioning: 15 thrusters, 20 CTB, 10 thrusters, 15 CTB, 5 thrusters, 10 CTB (63lb bar, light+mini band)
- 9:59 mins
Thursday, January 3rd
- Skin the cat practice
- 12 min AMRAP (strict TTB, light band pistols)
- 4 rounds + 5 pistols
AHHHHH, ripped my first callous this day. Only took 5 months and you’re darn straight I documented it. 3 more followed in the path of palm destruction womp.
Friday, January 4th
- False grip muscle up practice
- Conditioning: 3 round for time of deadlift (50% max) 20 reps, single arm overhead squat (20lb db, 103lb deadlift)
- 6:20 minutes
Saturday, January 5th REST
Sunday, January 6th REST
Monday, January 7th REST
Tuesday, January 8th REST
Wednesday, January 9th REST
Thursday, January 10th
- Power clean, up to peak of 2
- forget/I remember it was shitty
- 21-15-9 reps of: thrusters, box jumps (45lb thrusters, 24 inch box)
- 7:22 minutes
- Endurance rowing
- 10×30 sec on, 2 minutes off – record total distance
- 1537 meters
Friday, January 11th
- 3 sets of 10 reps back squat
- Skipped conditioning bc of shoulder
Saturday, January 12th REST
Sunday, January 13th
Monday, January 14th
- Pistols – worked to mini band
- Pause front squat – work to 80% max.
- 75/95/115/120/120/120/120 lbs
- Tabata push-ups, followed by 2 min AMRAP SL squats
- 34 pushups (knees), 30 pistols (light band)
Tuesday, January 15th
- Push press – peak of 3.
- 73 lbs then failed 83 and tweaked my trap AGAIN )(@#&%*#)%@ own fault.
- 100 double unders for time; 7 barbell jump squats EMOM (35lb barbell)
- 4:58 mins
Wednesday, January 16th
- Deadlift – peak of 3.
- 3 rounds deadlift at 85-90% of peak.
- 3 rounds of 1 minute per movement for MAX total reps: wallball (14lb), American KB swings (12kg), kipping pull-ups (mini, then light band kip).
- 109 reps
Thursday, January 17th REST
Friday, January 18th REST
Saturday, January 19th
- 5 mile run/walk with stella
Sunday, January 20th
- “Jack” – Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of: 115/75 pound Push press, 10 reps, 10 KB Swings, 1.5/1 pood, 10 Box jumps, 24/20 inch box
- 35lb (modified to strict press instead of push press for shoulder), 12kg KB (American swings)
- 9 rounds + 10 box jumps (started with box jumps first movement)
Why do we fail? We fail because we are unprepared. Whether that be mentally, physically or just plain sh*t happens.
Why do we succeed? We learn from our failures, grow from them, become better prepared for the next hiccup. Life throws you a lot. Just gotta roll with.
“A high station in life is earned by the gallantry with which appalling experiences are survived with grace.” ~ Tennessee Williams.
(Nabbed from this) <—- read this if you haven’t.
I had a bit of a rough week. Last Sunday I woke up with one of those ohman-can’tmovemyheadsidetoside-fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk musclepull/nervepinch things. Well it lasted a full week. So what did I do? I iced, heated, biofreezed, stretched, lax balled, slept, NSAIDed. Oh yes, COMPLAINED. A lot. I hate when I do that but sometimes I can’t help myself. No crossfit for 5 days. 2 days of half-assed crossfit. I was annoyed because it was technically still syllabus week for our new semester…ya know, those 5, blissful, calm-ish days before the storm when I wanted to do two-a-days like a muffuk’n football player during pre-season? Yep, didn’t happen.
But I had lots of time to think about how I should be spending my days, these days. I actually enjoyed my bone lab on Friday. I [finally] booted facebook to the curb (don’t miss it – yet). Spent Friday night relaxing, yesterday studying. Went for a jog with Stella. And don’t ya know, today I finally woke up feeling somewhat normal woo! Caught 12p croga, Varga-brunched with my best ladies, studied my foot. No really, my foot:
Stella wants to eat my foot.
I meal planned. Food shopped. Cooked. Meal prepped. Planned my school week. Planned my workouts. What a virgo-inspired Sunday.
I think I also kinda sorta motivated myself to BCCC round 2…as the smarterish, plannerish, totes good willpower version of my former BCCC self. I mean I really want a pull-up. And no more bad joint days outnumbering good ones.
I will decide for certain…tomorrow!
Who is BCCC’ing? Should I?
best search term leading to my blog ever: CAMELS FOOT CURRY.
That’s what’s up. I have no idea what that is but it sounds…gelatinous.