My body still hates me buttttttttttttttttttt whatever. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right? Both knees have been bugging out and shoulder/neck still not 100%. I thought for sure I’d be feeling good by today. If 5 straight days of rest and light workouts doesn’t work I don’t think there’s much I can do except show up and modify everything from here on out. So there’s that. Knee doc appointment is coming up and I am very curious what he has to say about my formerly good knee-turned-bad. Glad my coaches are understanding. They all dual as life therapists, bless them.
Despite all that, I had a pretty damn good weekend, including fabulous philadelphia weather and some spur of the moment live band karaoke for The Abbaye’s 10th anniversary. Yes, the grandma got OUT. I even sang AND enjoyed it, shockingly. Even though I consider myself a social person (and yet antisocial at the same time…nvm), I have a fear of singing in front of people other than my nearest and dearest. But not last night! Who am I, where is my former self?
Training dump from what I recorded in my phone the last couple of weeks –
Thursday, December 27th
- For 20 minutes, front squat x2 – start at 50% and move up.
- Conditioning: 3 rounds for time: row 250m, dumbbell push press (20lbs) 15 reps, ring rows 15 reps
- 12:52 mins *RX
Wednesday, January 2nd
- 15 minutes to work to peak set of 2 weighted pull-ups (pronated grip)
- light band + 10lb
- Conditioning: 15 thrusters, 20 CTB, 10 thrusters, 15 CTB, 5 thrusters, 10 CTB (63lb bar, light+mini band)
- 9:59 mins
Thursday, January 3rd
- Skin the cat practice
- 12 min AMRAP (strict TTB, light band pistols)
- 4 rounds + 5 pistols
AHHHHH, ripped my first callous this day. Only took 5 months and you’re darn straight I documented it. 3 more followed in the path of palm destruction womp.
Friday, January 4th
- False grip muscle up practice
- Conditioning: 3 round for time of deadlift (50% max) 20 reps, single arm overhead squat (20lb db, 103lb deadlift)
- 6:20 minutes
Saturday, January 5th REST
Sunday, January 6th REST
Monday, January 7th REST
Tuesday, January 8th REST
Wednesday, January 9th REST
Thursday, January 10th
- Power clean, up to peak of 2
- forget/I remember it was shitty
- 21-15-9 reps of: thrusters, box jumps (45lb thrusters, 24 inch box)
- 7:22 minutes
- Endurance rowing
- 10×30 sec on, 2 minutes off – record total distance
- 1537 meters
Friday, January 11th
- 3 sets of 10 reps back squat
- Skipped conditioning bc of shoulder
Saturday, January 12th REST
Sunday, January 13th
Monday, January 14th
- Pistols – worked to mini band
- Pause front squat – work to 80% max.
- 75/95/115/120/120/120/120 lbs
- Tabata push-ups, followed by 2 min AMRAP SL squats
- 34 pushups (knees), 30 pistols (light band)
Tuesday, January 15th
- Push press – peak of 3.
- 73 lbs then failed 83 and tweaked my trap AGAIN )(@#&%*#)%@ own fault.
- 100 double unders for time; 7 barbell jump squats EMOM (35lb barbell)
- 4:58 mins
Wednesday, January 16th
- Deadlift – peak of 3.
- 3 rounds deadlift at 85-90% of peak.
- 3 rounds of 1 minute per movement for MAX total reps: wallball (14lb), American KB swings (12kg), kipping pull-ups (mini, then light band kip).
- 109 reps
Thursday, January 17th REST
Friday, January 18th REST
Saturday, January 19th
- 5 mile run/walk with stella
Sunday, January 20th
- “Jack” – Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of: 115/75 pound Push press, 10 reps, 10 KB Swings, 1.5/1 pood, 10 Box jumps, 24/20 inch box
- 35lb (modified to strict press instead of push press for shoulder), 12kg KB (American swings)
- 9 rounds + 10 box jumps (started with box jumps first movement)